Why LA? Pourquoi Paris? is an evergreen that appeals to lovers of art, culture, and travel. It makes an engaging coffee table book or travel companion for buyers interested in Paris, Los Angeles, or both. It is particularly suited for gift giving and multiple-copy sales.
- Books, prints, and merchandise sold at Walt Disney Concert Hall, Hollywood Bowl, Norton Simon Museum, LACMA, LA Public Library, Fred Segal Stores, and other venues.
- Book and print signings at national and regional book stores, art galleries and cultural events.
- Author and artist workshops
- Sold in iconic Parisian book stores including WH Smith, Bon Marche, Colette, Librarie Galignani and Shakespeare and Company.
- Strong relationships with international and local French influencers, such as the French Consulate: Los Angeles, Alliance Francaise and Lycee International de Los Angeles.
- International Media coverage in LA Confidential Magazine, Marie Claire, LA French and trade publications including Foreword and Publisher’s Weekly.
- Digital coverage by dozens of literature, travel and culture bloggers.
- Art featured on the cover of Los Angeles Public Library Newsletter: Spring 2015.
- Artwork appeared as marketing collateral for the 2015 Le French Festival, L.A., July 4-14, 2015.
Publishers Weekly Review
- Nominated for the 2015 American Library in Paris Book Award.
- Boston Bookbuilders Award, Best in Category, 2015
- One of three finalists for Southern California Independent Book Sellers Award
(Glenn Goldman Award for Art, Architecture, and Photography)
- Nearly 7,000 active and engaged followers on Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Book Website: www.whylapourquoiparis.com
- Instagram and Twitter: #whylapourquoiparis
- Ecommerce Sites: Big Cartel and Etsy
- Video Trailer
SAMPLE MEDIA COVERAGE
- Foreward Reviews
- Please Do Not Enter
- Los Angeles I’m Yours
- Curating Los Angeles
- Suko’s Notebook
- Book Soup
- French Culture
- Jenny by Design
- Donna Everhart
- Go Nomad
- Madeline Sharples
- Los Angeles Racked
- French Morning
- The i Spot
- BB Blog
- Ann’s Reading Corner
- Publishers Weekly
- Los Angeles Confidential Magazine
- Comuse Travels