Why LA? Pourquoi Paris? provides an excellent and refreshing choice for Reading Groups and Book Clubs in that the book offers the ability to understand peoples culture and behaviors from different perspectives through imaginative and timeless art. The narratives at the beginning of each section of the book are informative,interesting and engaging. And…every single time you look at each of the these works of art you will discover new and beautiful insights about Paris and Los Angeles
Book Group Discussion Guide Why LA? Pourquoi Paris?
- What is the books message? What was the author’s purpose in creating the book?
- What did you think of the style, design and use of art to talk about the similarities and differences between Paris and Los Angeles?
- How did the author use pairings to tell the story?
- Is one picture worth a thousand words?
- How did you feel about the author’s use of quotes to connect the pairs?
- Why do you think the author used quotes?
- What was your favorite quote/quotes and why?
- What was your favorite pairing and why?
- What was your favorite illustration and why?
- Was there a personal connection to any part of the book that triggered a memory from the past or created a future fantasy? If yes, what was it and why did it trigger a memory?
- What new things did you learn about LA and Paris? Do you now have a desire to visit or revisit either city and why?
- What emotions did you feel while reading the book and seeing the art work?
- If you could ask the author one question, what would it be?
- If you could ask the artists one question, what would it be?
- How would you classify the book…Is it an Art Book, Travel Guide, personal journey, pop culture or perfect for a gift?
- What did you like best about the book?
- If you could change something about the book, what would it be?
- How would you rate Why LA? Pourquoi Paris? on a scale of 1 to 10 ,10 being the best?
Tune into KFMG 99.1 FM: Des Moines the Culture Buzz tomorrow see the link below. I will be reporting from Paris. Jan. 12th 9:23 AM Pacific Time. It will be streaming live! We will discuss “how a book like Why LA? Pourquoi Paris? celebrates the greatness of a destination city such as Paris, and why we all must defy such efforts to instill fear in us, and embrace the goodness of Paris. This can and likely will include touchstone moments from our previous dialogue about how Paris has an emotional resonance with many throughout the world, and that positive energy must be cherished, maintained and continually promoted”.
Sunday, December 13
Market and Restaurant at The Grove. If you have never been here before it truly is one of the gems of Los Angeles. Wonderful french cuisine, ambiance and the holiday experience at The Grove. We hope to see you all there.
Tuesday, December 8
We are very excited to announce a book signing with our friends at the best
French Restaurant in downtown LA, Le Petit Paris. Le Petit Paris is a piece of Paris in Los Angeles.
From the food, ambiance and service. It’s the best and we all hope to see you there.